Monday, August 1, 2011

Noel/Michigan

August is here and the heat goes on! My roses could care less about the heat, they continue to thrive and be beautiful! What an example to us all!

I taught 12 people in Bible Study on Sunday morning, and then traveled to OKC to visit with Noel in the Heart Hospital. He is toughing it out until the ablation surgery....maybe two more weeks. Galen and Sondra have remained in Oklahoma to be with him.

Knowing that Noel is in good hands, we decided to go on to Michigan and stay in touch. We rented a 3 bedroom condo on Lake Michigan and the kids will join us. However, we will stay with Roy and Marlene for a couple of nights on Bar Lake. They were our neighbors for 25 years until we sold our cottage last year. It will seem a bit strange to be sleeping next door. However, Bill is looking forward to waking up in the morning and not having any chores. Every year, he had a list of things he wanted to do to keep the place in top shape. Now, he can swim and canoe.

I may not be blogging for two weeks. If we find a wi-fi , I will blog a bit on our computer. As my dad would say to me when I left for Japan, "God will take care of you, and God will take care of me."

No comments: