Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Concert/MLK Holiday

Last Thursday evening, Bill and I accompanied Gramma to her church to hear Dallas Holm in concert. He is a fantastic guitarist and singer. His most famous composition is "Rise Again". We were not disappointed!
Saturday, we spent the morning tossing and shredding old stuff. We use to move every 4 years and would naturally rid ourselves of junk. Now that we have settled in, we have to make a conscious effort to throw away and organize regularly. If my world is cluttered, I can't find anything! In the afternoon, we took Noel and Mark with us to see "Puss N Boots". Fun!
Sunday was a beautiful day, and the church was full! Noel had planned to come with us and hear our recorder/piano duet, but his night had been very rough. So, we picked up Mark and took him with us. Our focus Sunday was on the value of life. I didn't know that Beethoven's father was a drunk who couldn't keep a job, and his mother had TB at the time of his conception. Today, he would have been a perfect candidate for abortion.
Yesterday was MLK Day, and Bill had the day off. My Camry had a slow leak in the right rear tire which had to be fixed. Then, we went to the mall. We ate lunch at Santa Fe Cattle Co. and then headed for Penney's. Bill needed jeans, and I exchanged a pair of Keds sneakers that had a defective inner sole. At 4 p.m. I gave Nancy her piano lesson. She is lots of fun and is learning to improvise with chords. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family a great friends. I thank God everyday for what He has given me.

No comments: