Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My 64th Birthday

I have lost so many family members and friends during my journey on this earth. I am truly humbled that God has kept me here for 64 years. I know I have purpose, and I want to find it each day. I must thank all of the people who wrote, called, and gave me gifts. Yesterday, Noel called and said that he and Mark wanted to stop by my house and bring me a gift. Later, I called him and thanked him for the nice earphones for my MP3 player. He said, "I didn't give you any earphones!" I had not opened the plastic see-through package, and didn't realize it was a web cam so that I can skype! I died laughing! I have resisted getting one, and he is making me get with the program. All of my brothers and kids have been waiting for me to get on line.

At breakfast, Bill gave me a card and a pair of pearl earrings set in 14K gold. He told me he was investing in the future. I use to laugh, but now it could be serious. I will post my birthday picture with the earrings on.

Last evening, we took Gramma to the new Arrows for dinner. As I mentioned, I was born on my parents 7th anniversary and Mom appreciated us making it special for her. It began to pour rain before we left the restaurant. When we arrived home, I spent lots of time talking to the kids as they called. Kirk was upset because he had learned that his good friend, Bobby, had been killed in an auto accident in Haiti. Kirk had performed Bobby's wedding last Valentine's Day. Now, he has been asked to do his funeral and is flying down today. I told Kirk that God is never surprised, and has a plan for the future. Don't worry!

In a few minutes, I will leave to take Noel to the OHH South for a check-up. Then, this afternoon, I will give 3 piano lessons. I have been given 6 new books to read. The latest is "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore" by Wayne Jacobsen and Dave Coleman. It has challenging ideas which I always enjoy. I plan to take this book with me to read while I'm in the OHH lounge.

No comments: