Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Still Lovin' It!

I'll be 64 years old tomorrow and I'm still loving life! I received some birthday wishes last week in the mail which made me smile. On Sunday, my Bible class remembered me and gave me a card that made me dance. When I opened it, the card played, "Celebrate!". Fun! Since I was born on my parents' 7th anniversary, we plan to take Mom out to dinner with us. Then, on Friday, I want to cook a ham dinner because we will be in California on Bill's birthday. Yep! We'll stop there on our way to Tahiti. I still can't believe it, because I thought my traveling abroad days were over. I think this trip will make Bill feel better about selling the Michigan cottage. He downloaded the music from "South Pacific".

We are still in our cleaning mode. I had carpet cleaners come out last week. It went quickly since we don't have babies or pets.

Saturday, we took a trip to Norman to visit our Toyota dealer. We have had some frost lately, and it had pulled a nut loose on my right windshield wiper. I was so happy when they said it wasn't the motor and there would be no charge! Before heading home, we used the Red Lobster gift card that Kirk sent. I love their grilled shrimp and scallops! God is so good!!

Two teenagers were baptized in church yesterday, and a man joined. Pastor Larry preached a sermon on reaching our potentials through the power of the Holy Spirit. I really didn't understand that concept until I was in my mid twenties. The power of forgiveness is another major subject. I think the Christians in South Carolina understand that concept better than some. To be honest, there are some people that are very difficult to forgive, but I am working on it! I have no choice if I want to have peace in my heart. God has forgiven me!

No comments: