Monday, January 30, 2012

End of January

Goodness! January has flown! It has been unseasonably warm, so maybe that's why we want to spring clean. The office looks so nice now, and we found some forever stamps in the desk.

Last Friday, I did indeed cook a ham dinner. I used my blue patterned china and set it on blue lace placemats. Pure fun! Bill told me to pick out a cake at the bakery and he would pick it up on the way home from school. It was a bundt cake named "strawberry cheesecake."

Saturday, Noel and Mark went with us to the mall theater to see, "Very Close and Extremely Loud". It was incredible! The acting is superb!

Sunday, was great! I had 16 in my class. Leo had back surgery, so we filled a huge basket with goodies, and I took it to him this morning. While cleaning my kitchen last week, I noticed that I had some specialty cookbooks that I will never use. I gave them away by number drawing in my class, and the students were excited. The lesson theme was "Our Culture is Greedy." We all agreed that we are greedy in some areas and should work on it.

Pastor Larry is always so open in his sermons. He told the congregation about getting a call from his daughter on Saturday morning. The police and DHS showed up at the hospital and told her that her new baby tested for drugs and she could not have any contact with her new son. While Larry's wife prepared a room for the baby in their home, Larry went to the hospital to pray with his daughter (adopted). Shelly had been on drugs, but insisted that she had been drug-free for months. After asking Shelly if she would totally trust God, he prayed with her through their tears. Forty minutes later, hospital staff came into the room and said that a second test showed the substance in the baby to be cough medicine that Shelly had taken. She could hold her baby again. The entire church applauded! We are truly a family and share each others burdens. Only God could take care of that problem.

I will post one more time before we fly to Tahiti.

No comments: