Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

The first day of May has always been a beautiful time of year for me.  This morning I woke up to the world glistening.  Everything was wet from pouring rain during the night, and the sun was shining.  Birds were singing, my new rose bush was budding, and I had two new green tomatoes.  I chose to enjoy these things rather than dwell on the Occupy Wallstreet people.  If I think about them too much I get mad.  They hurt so many people who are trying to get to school and to work.  There are ways to change situations without hurting innocent people.  You have to have a common goal.

Last week, I learned that the park adjacent to our house was going to host a Relay for Life from 7 in the evening until 7 in the morning.  There is nothing wrong with that accept that they were planning to play loud music the entire night!  I talked to the City Manager, and his comment was, "You shouldn't buy a home next to the park."  I wasn't satisfied with that answer, so I visited the Police Station.  Officer Hodges was very understanding and told me to call him if the music was out of hand past 10 p.m.  I  thank the police because the evening was very quiet and peaceful.  I will also work hard to vote the present City Manager out of his office and get a person who is respectful.  There are proper channels to go through when you are unhappy with a situation.  Kids today have been taught that if they fall on the floor and throw a tantrum, they will get what they want without working for it.  That's what I see when I look at the news and see a bunch of people blocking traffic, messing up the neighborhoods and smoking pot.  They don't want to work through the proper channels to make change. 

Last Thursday, I played the piano for Pat Foraker's funeral.  Pat attended my Bible Study Class with her daughter frequently.  I looked at the pictures among the flowers of when she was young and realized once again how short life is on this earth.  I also understand that when you love someone dearly, you are so glad that life is eternal for those who put their trust in Jesus as the Son of God.  The more you love, the more grateful you are for heaven!

This week, Kelli sent an essay written by her daughter, Hannah.  The title was, "I Love Him Just A Little Bit More".  I didn't realize what a fantastic writer she has become.  I hope she will follow her mother's steps in becoming a journalist.  The paper was about Hannah's journey from the time she learned that her parents were divorcing until now.  She describes the hurt and pain, and how God carried her through when she didn't have the strength.  I'm so proud that she's my granddaughter.  At 15 years old, she has more wisdom than many adults!  (Her English teacher gave her an "A" on the essay.)

No comments: