Monday, June 25, 2012

Family/Noel's Birthday

Galen and Sondra arrived in Shawnee with Mark on Wednesday evening.  I joined them for breakfast at Arrows Cafe on Thursday before they headed back to California.  Doris Robinson, a long time friend, had just passed away and Galen was needed at the funeral. They will be passing through Oklahoma again this week on their way to the state of Maine for vacation.  They rented a sporty little Sonata for the trip.  If there are any problems with the car, it isn't their concern!  Good thinking!

Noel turned 59 years old on June 20th.  Janice arrived on Friday, so we all went to Catfish Round-Up just off I-40.  Mom wasn't feeling well, and couldn't go with us.  She loves the fritters and yeast rolls, so I got some to take to her.  After stuffing ourselves at dinner, we drove the 30 minute trip to our house.  By then, we were ready for a small piece of chocolate birthday cake and chocolate ice cream.  Bailey wanted some coffee, which turned out to be a hit in spite of the hot weather.

Saturday morning, Bailey (Janice's Dad) took everyone out for breakfast at the Arrow Cafe.  It has become our hang-out!  We got the breakfast special which comes with biscuits and gravy.  In the afternoon, Janice wanted to play games with Mom, and Noel wanted to see the movie, "Battleship".  (Noel spent 20 years in the Navy as a legal advisor.)  Having been an officer in the Navy, Bill wanted to see the movie also.  So, Noel, Mark, Bill and I went to the movies.  It was great!  It was pointed out that the sun hangs in space at a perfect distance from the earth.  Science shows that if the earth was closer, it would be too hot for life.  If the sun was further from the earth, it would be too cold for life.  How could anyone believe that creation is an accident!  Even our body's chemistry is balanced to sustain life and keep our heart beating. 

There were 18 members present in my Bible Class yesterday.  I don't tell my class who to vote for, but I do teach the principles that our government leaders  should be defending.  It's time to rescue America from those who have bleeding hearts and are willing to print worthless money to take care of our citizens.   A democracy cannot survive when people are not responsible and need a nanny state to take care of them.  I have been watching people sign up for free cell phones in my community all month.  They take 2 or 3!  I realize that I am paying for those with my taxes.  I don't mind helping anyone, but I want it to be my choice and my blessing!  Regarding unions, they have done a lot of good.  However, when tax payers have to see that a public bus driver makes $150,000 a year, that is over the top!  When the driver was interviewed, he thought he deserved it!  We have to look at both sides of a problem and work out a solution that will not cause more problems down the road.  America wants instant solutions and wants money right now!!   What happened to being patient, suffering together when needed, and putting on our "big boy pants"?  When we have a leader who exhibits these traits, we will see our nation pull together and not be so divided.  As Dad always said, "Timing can be everything!"  "Don't ever run ahead of your people.  Even when you know you are right!"   That's wisdom that comes from God!

No comments: