Sunday, December 23, 2012

Celebrating Jesus' Birthday!

Last Wednesday, I had an echocardiogram.  When I drove out of the clinic parking lot it was 10:10 a.m.  The church choir was to sing at the Expo Center at 10:00, and Bill was going to play his trumpet solo.  I was sure I was missing it, and decided to just relax and let God order my life.  When I arrived, Pastor Larry said, "You made it!".  I thought he meant that I was just in time to accompany Bill.  However, the choir started filing onto the stage.  I grabbed some music that was sitting on the keyboard, and took my place.  The president of the event had talked, and I didn't miss a thing!!

On Thursday, I volunteered at the hospital because I had gone to South Heart Hospital on Tuesday to have a nuclear stress test.  While there, I met Nick who was my technician.  I learned that his wife worked in the imaging department at St. Anthony in Shawnee.  So, on Thursday, I met his wife, Katie.  They are both really sweet young people. 

Friday, Bill took me Christmas shopping.  I decided I could use a new windbreaker.  We went to Burlington Coat Factory and I found nothing.  We drove to Sooner Mall and I found nothing.  Bill was determined to get me something, so we went to Gordon's Jeweler.  I picked out a pair of pearl earrings.  While there, we met Melanie, a sales clerk who was from Macinaw Island, Michigan.  Her grandparents own a Fudge store there.  Bill was so excited to meet someone from his neck of the woods.  He spent two summers working on that island while he was in college.  He spent the other two summers working at Interlochen Music and Arts Camp. 

From there we drove back to Shawnee.  We decided to go out to dinner for our anniversary that evening.  We enjoyed lobster, and shrimp at Red Lobster.  It was next to the Shawnee Mall, so Bill decided I should look for a windbreaker there.  No such luck!  However, we did go into the Living Word Book Store and find two books we both liked.  One is "Strong's Bible Concordance", and the other is "The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell.  It proves that Jesus was who he said he is.  The book is filled with documents that are in the Oxford Museum in England.  If a person wants intellectual evidence, it is there.  If a person's heart is not open, it doesn't matter.  Pride will send them to hell, and they will never see the magic all around them.

Saturday, I went to the practice at the church for the Children's Christmas program.  I have been asked to play the piano with the guitars and drums.  The kids program is tonight at the church (Sunday).  After the practice, we picked up Noel and Mark and saw, "The Hobbit".  I wasn't impressed with the plot, but I loved the scenery!!  Bill and I visited "The Lord of the Rings" locations a few years ago in New Zealand.  I remember being on a mountaintop and looking down at a green meadow filled with sheep.  I thought of Psalm 23.  We brought home some of those sheepskins. 

This week as I listened to people asking, "Where is God?"  I also heard some people say, "Evil would be banished from the earth if there was a God."  And, then I heard someone say, "Maybe God should bansih me and you.  We are evil."  I am so glad that God is loving and doesn't always do things my way.  I have friends that should go to hell if they died today.  But God is patient, and gives people a chance to let Him change their hearts, and unlock their chains of pride.  I noticed that God allowed the shooter to kill innocent children, and adults who were believers.  He knew who was ready go to heaven.  The children cannot come back to their parents.  But the parents can go to their children if they choose.

I am also thankful that we have spirits in each one of us.  When I am not with those I love, I can close my eyes, and the love and friendship goes on forever!  I pray that you will find peace and music in your heart that only comes from the Heavenly Father who sent His Son to the earth so many years ago.  Can you hear the song?  You are loved!   Merry Christmas!      

No comments: