Thursday, December 27, 2012

Family and Laughter at Christmas

This was a wild Christmas season!  I planned to have my family for dinner on Christmas Day.  However, we had a snow and ice storm watch that changed our plans.  We decided to have our dinner on Christmas Eve.  My brothers David, Galen, and John came with their wives. With Mom, Bill and myself there were 9 adults.  I cooked a ham with all the trimmings while Bill cleaned the house.  After dinner, we exchanged gifts and then went together to Mom's church (First Baptist, Tecumseh) for a candlelight service.  Bill and I sang a trio with Sherry.  Mom had requested, "Come On , Ring Those Bells".  It was a beautiful service.
Christmas Day, we didn't get much snow, but we got a thin layer of ice.  Bill and I exchanged gifts and then enjoyed staying in the rest of the day.  In addition to the pearl earrings, I received a leather Bible cover.  I had never had one before.  I gave Bill a songwriter's software program and a BattleShip game which we played.   
Last night, we went over to Mom's apartment and had dinner with my brothers and their wives (Meche, Sondra and Cathy).  Actually, we drove through and got hamburgers.  We sat and told stories of when we were growing up.  We laughed and laughed at each others stories.  I also had a revelation!  David is the second child,  I am the third child, and Galen is the fourth child. The first 4 children were raised in San Diego, and Noel, John and Roger were raised in Bakersfield.  The cultures are very different!  My last three brothers like to hunt, fish, and work on technical things.  We are all solid Christians, but our skills are different. 
Today, we are preparing for Kirk's and Kelli's family to arrive on Friday.  Keri's family will arrive on Monday for the Big New Year's Eve party.  It will be a house party for sure!  This house will be shaking with laughter.  I'm so glad my parents loved babies and didn't abort me!  
I pray that those I love will have a blessed New Year and find magic in everyday!  For those who love the Lord, I'm very sure that we will all be together someday!   Yeah!    

No comments: