Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Love!

Each morning, Bill reads a chapter to me from the Bible.  We are in the Book of Daniel.  After he reads, I read a passage from Max Lucado's book, "Everyday Deserves a Chance!"  It's really quite funny, but has deep meaning.  Remembering that God has planned everyday just for me has changed my attitude when things seem to go wrong.

Yesterday, Janice and I arrived at Dillard's for a make-over.  The girl who had called me was sick.  So, the Este Lauder representitive offered to help using the Lancome products that I usually buy (once a year.)  It wasn't busy, so I don't think she was too inconvenienced.  Neither Janice or the make-up artist thought I looked much different after the make-up was applied.  But it was fun.   I bought some tinted moisturizer, and Janice and I picked out the same lipstick.   After browsing at a few more stores, Janice bought me orange chicken and Chinese noodles in the food court.

I finished making a salad and buttering garlic bread a few minutes before my piano student arrived.  She was excited because I was wearing the necklace she had given me for Christmas.  She said something about wearing a bracelet to match in the future.  Only later did I know what she was talking about. When I picked up the box to put the necklace away,  I heard a rattle, and when I looked inside there was the bracelet that I hadn't seen earlier.  I felt really stupid!

When Bill arrived home from teaching at Shawnee High School, he brought me a chocolate cake that he had ordered.  It was decorated with plastic eighth notes, and said, "Happy Birthday, Marti".  I had made a sugar-free apple pie so that Mom could enjoy dessert with us.  Noel's family joined us. 

I answered the phone throughout the day!  Galen called me at 8:00 a.m.  It was 6 a.m. in California!  He also sent a very sweet email.  Kirk, Kelli and Keri also called.  Keri's kids sang to me loudly and talked for awhile.  Noel read greetings to me that he was getting on FaceBook.  He sent pics of my cake to everyone.  After everyone had gone home, David called me from Mexico.  I received nice cards and gifts from friends as well.  I love you guys!  God gives me so many blessings, and I want to give back.   Noel is going to come over later and help me with my pictures.  My blog layout has changed and I'm lost!

No comments: