Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Yer!  The house is very big now!  All the kids and grandkids (12 of them) have returned home, and I went to the doctor!  Yes, I did not escape the upper respitory stuff that is going all around the country.  Thank you God. There is medicine to make us feel more comfortable.  I was given a little pill called a "pearl" to stop the coughing mechanism at night.  Last night, I slept for 8 hours straight and didn't want to wake up.  Bill went shopping for me this morning.

At least I enjoyed the season before I crashed.  The highlights of the week were taking everyone to see a basketball game at the OU arena (we won), having a homemade yeast donut fry together at reunion hall (about 30 of us), everyone bowling together (even the little ones), and going to church together at New Beginnings.  Kirk preached a very moving sermon about his own rebellion as a youth and coming back to God.  Hannah, my 15 year old granddaughter sang "I'm desparate for You"  and blew everyone away with the strength and quality of her voice!  She has a Mariah Carey sound.  Later in the week, we went to the Rising Star Gym in Shawnee to watch Sofia and Selah do their gymnastic moves.   Sofia (8 yrs.) is preparing for her first competition.  The owner of the gym had the prescribed music and put it on to watch Sofia.  She was so impressed that she gave her a free 30 minute lesson, and told her to spend the summer with her grandparents to train!  I was impressed as well. The tiny little girl can do double back flips, and change hands on the high bars.  While Sofia practiced, Selah was making stuffed bears do splits on the balance beam, and swinging on the high bars.  Selah is shy, but does perfectly straight handstands when no one is looking. 

We missed Roger and Julie.  They had planned to come for part of the week.  However, they had just returned from visiting their daughter in India and were not feeling so well.  I'm sure they will visit us when they recover.  It was sad to say good-bye to David and Meche.  They are living in southern Mexico and get here once a year.  David is teaching English at the University there and Meche is a librarian at another college nearby.   David missed being with the family for so many years, and he loved catching up.  It was his first donut fry that was started about 20 years ago.  Mom loved having him home!!!  I thought of the story of the Prodigal Son.  There is such a party in heaven when God's kids return to Him!   We will have many challenges this next year, but I put all of my trust in my Father who has riches, and has solved all of my problems before I know about them.  Peace! 

No comments: