Friday, September 6, 2013

A Hot September!

It has been hotter than usual this first week of September.  Tomorrow is expected to reach temperatures near 100 degrees.  I just thank God for air conditioning.  It seems that the world is heating up as well.  ObamaCare is suppose to start accepting enrollment in just three more weeks.  It is going to be a disaster.  Oklahoma is waiting for the U.S. government to set up the exchanges and the administration has its mind on starting another war in Syria.  I understand that people are dying there.  One hundred thousand people have already died.  Why do some become more upset when chemicals are used.  I think that killing your own people with machine guns and tanks is just as bad.  And, to be honest, most American citizens are not sure who the "bad guys" are.  Who are we helping by bombing Syria?  We are war weary and cannot absorb the cost of war at this time.  And, I am still concerned that Syria will retaliate against U.S. Embassy personnel, and most likely Israel.  I'm not convinced that Obama cares about Israel.

God is still in control.  The world will go as He has planned it.  I know that He is still taking care of me!  This afternoon I had a follow up visit with my ENT doctor.  My CAT Scan was great, and the prescription that I was given worked like a charm.  I told Dr. Willis that I had been prayed for by the technician, and that I had prayed for him.  He smiled and said, "The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing."  He wasn't surprised at all!  I'm so glad I have Christian doctors.  I have avoided surgery on at least 2 occasions this year.

Labor Day, Mom came over for lunch and Bill grilled pork steaks.  They were so so delicious!  Then we played Mexican Train dominoes.  We missed Noel and Janice being here, but they had to go back to Springfield for a week.

I enjoyed my work at the hospital as usual, and gave my piano lessons this week.  Kim is my 4 year old who constantly amazes me.  She is playing with both hands now, and has learned to count.  She is being raised by her grandparents who pastor Noel's Church.  They are sweet people.

Bill is going nuts this week!  He has been offered 2 more jobs.  He has to decide which jobs he will keep and which ones to drop.  The latest is teaching professional people in Japan via computer, and one is to tutor a high school exchange student locally who is from Japan.  He worked for the testing company 2 days this week.  Eight hours each day is really demanding!  I stay far away so that I won't make any noise.

I skyped with David (in Mexico last week.)  He teaches English to 4 classes of 20 students at a local highschool.  It is a private university prep school.   I also talked to Galen and Sondra.  They will come to Oklahoma after their daughter gets back from her cruise.  They are babysitting Bailey and Brynlee.

Bill is almost finished mowing the lawn, so I will make dinner.  I have been promised that we will put pictures in the blog tomorrow.  We will see.  Smile.


No comments: