Friday, September 13, 2013

Rainbows and Rulers

It is already Friday, and it has been a very busy week.  Teaching piano in my home and in Shawnee keeps me going.  I really enjoy Kim who is 4 years old.  When asked to play a "warm-up piece" she told me she couldn't stop because it had a repeat!  I was excited that she remembered me teaching her that word!  Her attention span is short. So,  when learning new music, I give her a peanut M&M for each line she plays correctly.  After 2 lines, she stuck out her tongue and said, "Look, I have a RAINBOW."  She was right.  Her tongue was red and blue!  We added more colors.

Last Sunday, we listened to a sermon on "the last days".  Just when we thought President Obama couldn't mess things up any worse, he showed the nation we were wrong.  If it's possible to divide people, he has a special talent for doing so.  War would not help anybody right now!  As I have written before, I have listened to my mother and my father talk about Russia and China (the big bear) coming from the north to invade Israel and put down America.  At that time, China was nothing!  I can also hear my mother telling me that someday the black people would turn on whites because of slavery.  She pointed out that their population would overtake us.  With the advent of computers, English becoming a global language, and a one world financial system, it is now possible to have a one world government.   I have also been told that the United States of America would fall and is not even mentioned in the Bible.  That didn't seem possible until Obama's administration took over.  That is not to say that Republicans are not helping him bring America down.  God cannot protect and keep people from destruction inside and out who do not even acknowledge Him.  The Bible has predicted that people would once again become just like they were in the days of Noah.  They have turned against God and have begun to worship and please only themselves.  Christians cannot become discouraged because we know without a doubt that Jesus will come again and rescue His children!  Yes, we will be mocked and persecuted, but one day God's people win!

Bill has been grading students for the testing company.  Sometimes, he listens and grades students for 8 hours.  He begins at 7:30 A.M.  On those days, I try to be gone so that I will not make noise.

We enjoyed having Noel and Janice back in town.  Janice was sick with a cold for several days, however.  I made some potato soup and took it to her.  She had bought me a new serrated bread knife.  Now, I have to bake some bread and take it to her.  Smile.  Last night, we went together to IHOP for dinner.  Seniors eat for half price between 4p.m. and 6 p.m.

We still enjoy going to the Senior Center for lunch.  Noel took everyone's picture and made name tags.  That was a hit!  We play BINGO several times a week, and make $5 per game when lucky.  We don't pay to play, so no harm done!  The food is good (especially the salad bar) and our new friends are so funny and entertaining.  In comparison, being there makes me feel young!  On Wednesday, we all got our flu shots.  Next week, the Seniors are going to the Arbuckle Bluegrass Festival.

We are looking forward to Galen and Sondra moving here next week.  They had to wait for their new apartment to be completed.  Bill and I talked to the kids, and we are getting excited about seeing them in a few weeks in Michigan!   God just keeps blessing and blessing!

No comments: