Friday, September 27, 2013

Traveling North/Galen and Sondra Move to Okla.

It has been a very warm week.  However, we saw that there were record highs back in 1999.  I guess we have been in global warming since the Great Lakes melted, and we are still in that phase.  I also recently heard that several inches have been added to the ice glaciers this year.  I wonder what is causing that??

Last Tuesday, Bill waited for me to give Kim her lesson in Shawnee, and then we had dinner before going to a Town hall meeting at Gordon Cooper Tech auditorium.  It was packed with people who wanted to hear James Langford speak.  Everyone was angry and wanted answers concerning Obama Care and the scandals in Washington D.C.  After the meeting, I talked to Ron Spencer.  He is an Oklahoma State Senator.  He told me that James Langford is part of a Christian coalition that meets in Washington, and that Obama never attends.  That did not surprise me at all!

Bill and I have mowed the lawn, pruned the flowers, cleaned the house and have packed.  We will take Mom out to dinner tonight before leaving tomorrow morning for Michigan, Niagara Falls and New Hampshire.  Kelli (who lives in Grand Rapids) is taking care of Keri's 3 kids tonight and taking them apple picking on Saturday with her daughter, Hannah.  That is a nice present for Keri because it is her 44th birthday.  (Whew!  I must be getting older!)  Keri and Kevin will be flying with their children to Africa next week.  I admit that I pray for them a lot.  The world is becoming more dangerous everyday.  We watched pictures on TV this week of Nairobi, Kenya.  It looked like a war zone!  Bill and I completed a 3 year teaching contract in that very city.  In fact, Bill took his jazz band to play at the Westgate Mall the last Christmas we were there.  I also know that we could die in the Shawnee Mall, so I have to trust God to take care of us all.

We will just miss Galen and Sondra.  Galen had to stay in California a few more days because he was begged to officiate a funeral.  He couldn't say "no" so they will be coming in very late tonight.  When I called them yesterday, they were in Arizona.  Galen is driving the truck, Sondra is driving the car, and George (assoc. pastor) is driving their van.  George will stay at Noel's house because Mark just loves that man!  They really have a special friendship.  Anyway, we will all talk on the phone before Bill and I get too far down the road.  I'll tell them to have everything moved in before we get back.  Smile!  I'm really excited to have Noel and Galen just 10 minutes away!!  The neighbors and my family are watching over our house.  We also have a security service.   

No comments: