Friday, September 20, 2013

Rain, Glorieta and Sandwiches

We had a beautiful rain storm yesterday and last night.  It is no secret that I love rain.  I fell in love with warm rain while at Glorieta.  Speaking of Glorieta, my mother gave me several pictures which brought back lots of memories.  Also, Ron Bryant is getting married in October.  Galen first met Ron at Glorieta, and then went to California Baptist together.  Later, Ron was a member of Galen's church in Twenty-Nine Palms where he retired from teaching.  Yes, Galen will go back to California to officiate Ron's wedding.

I have been busy this week helping to organize lunch for 60 volunteers who are building a new chapel for the Women's Prison.  My Bible Study Class is making sandwiches.  I asked FireLake Grocery to donate chips and cookies.  I'm hoping the prison will provide coffee.  I will not be able to deliver the food next Tuesday, because that is my day to volunteer at the hospital.

I spoke of Noah in my last blog.  It seems that Colorado has been experiencing epic floods this past week.  Non-believers will either say that there is no God, or God must be a "bad" person.  The reaction of most Christians is that God is bringing judgement to that area for obvious reasons.  The Bible says that God will allow punishment to come to the wicked, and also to His children that have wandered.  Unfortunately, believers often suffer with them.  Only the other hand, the God I serve is one of mercy when we ask, and pours out so many blessings that I don't deserve!  God can't bless you if you don't believe He exists.

It seems that war has been averted for the time being with Syria.  I watched 4 clips of Obama saying that he would not negotiate with the Republicans, but he has no problem negotiating with Putin of Russia.  It seems that they are much closer in their thinking than Obama is with his own Congress.  Putin is Godless, and has no problem dictating.

We need healthcare reform badly, but the law that we have now is a disaster!  Many people don't really know what is in store for them now.  And, so many people will lose their jobs and their current insurance. I'm not fighting for myself, because we have private insurance and Bill won't lose his job.  I'm very worried about other people.  Let's start over again and get the law written correctly.  It's a big mess.  It is such a mess that the big unions and the Senate don't want it for themselves!

I found a song by Danny Lee that my 3 kids used to sing.  The chorus says:
So, let it rain, let it rain, let it pour, Let old trouble keep a knock-in' at my door!
If we learn the right from wrong, it will help to make us strong.
Lord, please help us learn the secret, Even little flowers know;
If it never, never rains, then we'll never, never grow!  Have a blessed day! 
  

No comments: