Sunday, April 6, 2014

How Long Will My Blog Be Tolerated?

Whatever happened to free speech?  And, how long will my blog be tolerated?  I use Firefox to write my blog and it makes me wonder.  The CEO of Firefox was recently fired because he gave a donation to the campaign in California in 2008 to make same sex marriage the only legal status.  The bill passed.  Later, he was made CEO and he has never been accused of being intolerant toward anyone.  However, his donation made him ineligible to work for Firefox and Mozella.  He has been fired.  It should be noted that President Obama held the same opinion of marriage in 2008.  He has since been enlightened it seems.  Should he be impeached?

We have been listening to a series of sermons on the Book of Revelation on Sunday mornings.  Christians are not really surprised to be persecuted by non-believers.  The atheists have enjoyed tolerance for years, but have none for those who do not hold their beliefs.  It hurts to see the way they try to embarrass those who love them most.  Especially, their parents.  God just keeps on blessing His kids.  I noted that we have a new Chick-Filet being built in Shawnee on Kickapoo Street.  It has now surpassed KFC in the amount of business received.  Not surprised!

This morning, we were encouraged at the Easter choir practice.  We have 5 men and 5 women in addition to Bill directing.  The number is small, but the singers all read music and are strong singers.  With great microphones, they will be great.  The musical is, "Jesus Is Alive" arraned and orchestrated by Daniel Semsem.  It has songs that are fast driving rock and keeps me on my toes.  I'm having to memorize some of the music so I can spit the words out fast enough.  Music like that is truly inspired.

Last week, I went to the eye doctor for my yearly check-up.  Dr. Watters told me to come back again next week to be tested one more time.  He wasn't sure of the results.  I know my right retina is warped, but my left eye is still super.  That is confusing.  I can still drive without glasses.

We took the leap, and ordered new carpet for our living room, hall and bedrooms.  It is lighter than what we have but is guaranteed to last the lifetime of our home.  It is transferable if we should sell the house.  I have never heard of that before.

Last week, Bill and I headed back to the fitness center.  The pool re-opened after being resurfaced.  The locker rooms were both re-done as well with beautiful tile insets.  It felt good to swim again, but my lower back was a bit sore the next morning.  I will check to see if swimming helps or makes it worse.  I know I'm at that age!

We are very proud of Kirk and Tamra!  They have been invited to the SBC meeting in Baltimore in June.  They will be commissioned as NAMB missionaries.  Kelli, his sister, will be there to cover the convention as usual.  She interviews and types by-lines for photographs.  God gets all the glory for my kids growing spiritually and serving so well.  Everyone, said my divorce would be a problem for them.  Maybe it was, but God is greater!   


No comments: