Monday, April 28, 2014

Carpet Week/Tornados

I have been spending most of my time moving things into the family room before the carpet people come on Thursday.  Bill and I have to move everything so they can move the furniture before ripping up the old carpet and putting down the new.  We chose Stain Master in a light color that is guaranteed to last the lifetime of the house.    It will increase the value of the house quite a bit. 

This morning, Galen and Sondra flew to Miami to board the Celebrity Cruise Line to England.  They will go up the Eastern Coast to Prince Edward Islands before launching out into the Atlantic.  I hope they have a relaxing time.

We have spent a lot of time at the hospital lately visiting our friend, Edie Powell.  She has pneumonia and isn't doing well. 

Sunday, we had a really good Bible Study Class.  We studied the value of work and being thankful for what God has provided us with.  That lesson was good for me as I have prepared for the new carpet.  Instead of whining, I have thanked God for what He has given me.  I really am very blessed!  I think of the people who have endured tornadoes and pray they have friends nearby to assist and help.  Storms like that make me put everything in perspective.  What really is important in life?  Relationships are what we are on the earth for!  Without people we love, even heaven isn't the same.    I keep asking God to show Himself to those I love and don't believe.  I really don't want to be in heaven without them!!  There is a judgement day and there really is hell.

We are praying for Kevin' s father today.  He had a heart attack and is in the hospital.  It is a very long flight from Northern Africa for Kevin to travel home to Michigan.  We trust God to know what is best and the timing of this.  Bill Sheckler is a believer, and knows that He is in God's hands.  He is not afraid to die.  A very sweet man!

I'm going to the Senior Center for lunch today with Noel and Janice.  Bill is subbing at Jim Thorpe School.  He is still teaching online K-12 each week and grading essays for Pearson Company.  Bill is thinking seriously about going on social security and having more time off.  I really think he will always work at something.  He loves to stay busy!  And, I don't mind the extra money coming in.  Ha!

Mom is still doing great!  Galen and Sondra took her out all day Saturday.  They went out to breakfast, to Red Rock Canyon, and to Catfish Round-Up for dinner.  They wanted to do something before they left on their trip.  Nice! 


No comments: