Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Loved Easter!

Yesterday, I put away my Easter tree and decorations.  Mom bought them in Germany.  It seems time is flying again.  God blessed our Easter musical.  Our 2 star sopranos were there and all went well.  I have to say the music was the most demanding I have ever sung.  It rocked and moved so fast!  I had to memorize the words to get them out of my mouth. 

Dinner was delicious on Easter.  I made potato salad ahead and put a 10 pound spiral ham in the oven before going to church.  All I had to do was heat vegetables.  Phylllis  brought a nice salad, as well as Shirley.  Mom made strawberry pies, and Noel and Janice brought homemade chocolate and cream pies.  Later in the afternoon we heard rain on the patio roof.  Perfect!  I talked to Kirk and Kelli on the phone while listening to the patter.

Last Friday, Noel and Janice rode with us to Turner Falls.  Mark rode with Galen and Sondra.  It was a warm day and there were few people there.  Nice!  The falls and the creek always bring back lots of memories for me.  At noon, we ate at Smokin' Joes Restaurant.  We all decided they have the best bar-b-que in the State of Oklahoma!!!   After stuffing ourselves, we drove to Falls Creek Assembly .  Galen and I started talking about our days at Glorieta.  It is so much alike!  We looked inside the new worship center that holds about 3,000 people.  Incredible!  After walking around a bit, we drove to the Fried Pie in Davis.  We all ordered different kinds and stuffed ourselves all over again.  It's a beautiful drive there and back, and we all felt like naps when reaching home about 4 p.m.

Tuesday, I went to the hospital.  All went well.  The patients welcomed me with smiles and blessed me in return.  The west wing of the hospital has been torn down in preparation of the new rehab center and the new women's center.  It going to be a beautiful new tower.

After finishing my documentation at the hospital, I went by to pick up my new reading glasses.  I am so grateful that I can still drive without my glasses.

I continue to thank God everyday for what He does for me.  Satan is after me at all times, but I ask to be delivered from Evil.  I find myself anxiously waiting to see what Good thing God is going to do next and how He is going to handle my problems.  Heaven is for Real for those who have spiritual eyes.  


No comments: