Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Week and I Have Been Renewed

This has been a very busy but good week!  On Tuesday, Bill took me to OKC to have my sutures removed from my upper gum.  We celebrated after by going to Steak-N-Shake.  It was my first hamburger in 10 days.  I also thanked God that my insurance was taking care of the $2,600 bill.                 On Tuesday morning, I went to the hospital for my volunteer duty.  One of the kitchen workers was with his wife on the 3rd floor.  She was extremely ill and was in tears from depression.  I prayed with them both and saw a little smile before I left her room.  When  I finished the 3rd floor, I went to the OB Department.  I found a new father holding his newborn daughter, and I didn't see the mother.  While we were visiting, the mother bounded into the room in jeans and a T-shirt.  She had been to the cafeteria to get drinks for she and her husband.  I stared in dismay!!  We are all certainly different.  I could barely lift my head after giving birth!

Wednesday, my sister-in-law Janice went with me to the eye doctor.  He had asked me to come back to be re-tested.  The test was the same, so he upped my prescription.  I must be getting older, and I can't imagine how that happened!  After being fitted for new reading glasses, we drove to the Senior Center for lunch with Bill and my brother, Noel. 

I was able to give all of my piano lessons this week.  My new student, Maci, is wonderful!  She loves the piano and is flying through her book.  We played a duet together last week and she got so excited.  She is in the 2nd grade and loves life in general.

I have been practicing for the Easter musical this week, and packing to move things for the new carpet.  I have also been planning for Easter dinner on Sunday.  There will be 9 of us this year.

I watch the news and see our government growing stronger and using mafia tactics to push people around.  I have never seen so much corruption in my life time!  I'm so glad I have hope and faith that this world is not all there is.  If not, I would be so bitter and have so much anger inside of me.  Thank you Lord for showing us how to forgive and love!  I can go ahead with my life and enjoy every minute.   

No comments: