Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

Last Saturday, Bill and I picked up Mom and took her to Jason's housewarming party. Jason is Galen's son. Jason and Shelly built a beautiful 2 story brick home in Twin Lakes Estates. From there, we took Mom to lunch at Burger King. We had all eaten some finger food at Jason's and weren't too hungry. While eating lunch, Mom said she wasn't feeling well and didn't think she could come to the Easter musical or to our house for dinner.

Easter Sunday, NB Church had about 350 people in attendance. While playing the piano for the congregational song, I saw Mom come in with her best friend, Shirley. I also noticed that all of our 7 Saudi students had come in along with 3 Koreans and 1 Japanese student. Many of you wrote or called to say that you were praying for the choir's presentation. Well, God was listening!! I helped with the sound and the lights and could feel God's presence. Our new sound system is fantastic! It wasn't so difficult to balance the singers. You can tell that we aren't professional, but everyone enjoyed!!

After the service, there were 15 of us for dinner. Bill helped clean the house, and I cooked. I cooked a huge cassarole dish of rice and chicken, but it was my spaghetti that they devoured. After lunch, the students sang and danced for us. They were so entertaining. Before they all went home, everyone stood in a big circle and sang and danced "Hokey Pokey" together. Shirley, Mom's friend, danced with us. It was great!

This week is flying by. I have learned that I don't want to teach full-time again. It's too hard for me to get everything else done that needs attending to at home. It drives me nuts when my house is cluttered! I must be getting old because I want everything in it's place so that I can find it quickly.

No comments: