Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday, April 27, 2009


Saturday morning, Mom and I went to the nursery and bought plants together. I bought pots of petunias, one pink and one purple for the patio. I also bought several tomatoe plants. This afternoon I plan to plant a package a sweet pea flowers that I bought last year. I'm hoping they will grow along the back fence. On Saturday afternoon, Bill and I drove to the small town of Arcadia to eat dinner at Pop's. I did the "50's" thing and ordered a hamburger, onion rings and a coke with a shot of cherry syrup. The weather was about perfect, so we ate on the veranda.

Sunday, several of our students showed up for Bible Study on their own. Many people come to New Beginnings Church for the music. We really know how to sing!!! If you don't feel joy in that church, you are a hopeless case! Larry preached on Genesis 49. It was about Joseph making funeral arrangements for his father, Jacob. Larry is senior chaplain at Unity Hospital, and is asked to do many funerals each year. Not only did he teach us about many of the words that we use associated with a funeral, but he challenged us to be ready for our own funerals. Larry is a very transparent guy, and shared the feelings that he had when his mother died. Most of us were at that funeral and it brought tears to our eyes. He gave us all permission to cry.

Today, Bill and I drove to OKC to the new Health Dept. Bldg. He got 6 injections for his trip to Brazil. The nurse was very personable and the fastest I have ever seen. Many of the shots were free, but the cost was still over $100! I was advised to get a Swine Flu shot since I live with someone who will be traveling.

I was excited about my new teaching schedule for next session. I will only teach in the mornings from 9 to noon. Yeah! I have one verbal skills class, and two classes of reading and writing.

No comments: