Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday, April 24, 2009

Yeah! Yesterday was the last day of Session #4 at SEI. I'm really hoping that they don't need me full-time next session. I didn't go in today to help test because I had a routine doctor's appointment. I went in for lab tests last week, and the doctor said all of my numbers looked good. Bill and I have both been swimming at least 3 times a week for 45 minutes. I like to think that it's doing some good. The fitness center is beautiful, and the water is on the warm side!

Last night, Marlene Walters called. She and Roy are our neighbors in Manistee, Michigan. She thought that Bill was still in Singapore and wanted to just talk. Marlene spent 3 months in the hospital this past winter and nearly died from pneumonia. I can't imagine not having Marlene nextdoor! Our kids grew up on the lake together every summer! Kirk and Hans are still close.

Family Matters

God answered our prayers this week! David signed the divorce papers, and Kelli didn't have to take him to court. Kelli has also been given time off from Cornerstone University so that she can cover the So. Bapt. Convention in Louisville this June.

My brother, David, fell through the cracks of the justice system for six months while he sat in the San Bernardino County Jail awaiting parole. Thanks to Galen's persistance, he has now been moved to OKC enroute to Big Springs, Texas for his final hearing. While in California, David became best friends with a man who wanted David to teach him the Bible. He knew that David was a pastor's kid, but didn't realize that David was being challenged big time! God has a sense of humor!

No comments: