Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Never Having to Say Good-Bye

Last night, my mother called to tell me that she had been to the neurologist. The doctor found evidence that she had several mini-strokes recently. The problem is that her arteries do not meet in the middle of her head and cross over like an average person. If she has a severe stroke on one side, the other side of her body will not compsensate --she will die. Realizing that her body is aging and she won't be with me much longer always makes me feel sad. I haven't learned how to be apart from people I love without hurting, so this has become my definition of Heaven. "Heaven is never having to say good-bye!"

Dad died of congestive heart failure. I'm guessing from the symptoms that my friend's father has the same problem. I can remember praying that God would take Dad home quickly because I couldn't watch him suffer. I felt the same way when my brother died of pancratic cancer. I CAN'T say good-bye, so I will say, "Until we meet again in Heaven!"

No comments: