Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Fun!

This morning, I was so glad that it was Saturday! I slept until 7:00 a.m. and then cooked scrambled eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then, I baked macadamia white choco cookies for the church Christmas dinner tomorrow.

Yesterday, I taught my four classes, and then drove home quickly to make a taco casserole and punch and coffee for the choir potluck and practice at our house. Fifteen people were able to attend. We have some very talented strong singers! I wondered if our neighbors were enjoying the music as much as we were. Bill was pleased with the practice!

Tony, the director of our language school, asked me to arrange another Christmas party for the teachers at Gliori's Italian Restaurant. Last Tuesday night, Ian and Phyllis opened the restaurant just for 12 of us. It was decorated so pretty for Christmas! We exchanged gifts, and I came away with a large bag of potpouri, and Bill received a mixture of Hershey's chocolates. When we left, snow was coming down and the car was covered. Tecumseh is an old small town that has been given a facelift. It looked just like a quaint movie set!

On Christmas Day, I just learned that Uncle Johnny will be joining us for dinner. Mom, Noel, Janice, Mark and Bailey (Janice's Dad) will also be with us. Yeah! Keri's family and Kelli still plan to drive from Chicago and Grand Rapids in time for New Year's. The kids are practicing their songs to perform for the family party.

Looking ahead, Bill made plane reservations this morning for us to fly to California in February. God just keeps blessing me! I don't have to imagine what life would be like without Christmas. I lived it in Japan. Many Americans have no idea what our country would be like without God and his Son, Jesus. No Christmas carols, no lights, no spirit of giving etc. etc. I never want to forget, and I want to appreciate Christmas!!!

No comments: