Sunday, December 19, 2010

Party/Hospital/Musical

Friday evening, The Language Company had a Christmas party for students and teachers together. We had an international potluck, a sing-a-long (led by Bill and myself) and a game of Dirty Santa. It was hilarious! Also, our director gave all of the teachers gifts from himself for Christmas that were very nice. Movie certificates for the men, and pedicure certificates for the women. We were surprised because we had received Christmas bonuses from the company already.

Saturday morning, we had a two hour choir practice at the church. Bill and I had planned to go to Wal-Mart in the afternoon, but changed our minds when we saw the line of traffic. We ate lunch at Denny's and then went grocery shopping at FireLake.

Saturday evening I called Mom to check on her. She said she was dizzy and couldn't keep her balance when walking. I insisted on picking her up and taking her to ER at Unity Hospital at 6:30 p.m. Upon arrival, her blood pressure was 210 over 103. I didn't know that was possible! Stroke signs. She was given medication and every test possible. By 11:30 p.m. her pressure had dropped significantly and she was given the choice of staying for observation or going home with me. She chose to go home, but not to my home! This morning, she called and told me that she was feeling fine and was planning to teach her Sunday School class. I was not pleased, but have learned not to fight her. I just turn her over to God I will call her again in another hour.

This morning, we sang our Christmas musical. It will be on the internet tomorrow. We'll watch it before giving our friends the address to be sure it is worth listening to. We were very pleased with the live performance. Even better, was the fact that 4 of our Muslim students came to church for the first time. Also, my friend, Sam, who manages Granny's Convenience Store attended. Sam is my Muslim friend from Pakistan who always talks to me when I pay cash for my gasoline. Sam loved the music, and said he would come back to my Bible Study class. After our concert, Pastor Larry gave an invitation. One thing he said stood out in my mind. He said, "Jesus paid the price for our sin, and made a way for us to go to heaven. If anyone knows a better way and is sure of it, they should be advertising it to the world." Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one can go to the Father, but by me." I believe He had the authority to say that, and was not a liar. Please watch for the internet address.

No comments: