Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Weekend

Noel's family (Noel, Janice, Mark and father-in-law, Bailey) arrived on Christmas Eve. We all ate dinner together at Mom's apartment and then went to the Christmas Eve Service at her church. First Baptist was beautiful!!! There were gold and glass lighted candlelabaras in the front of the church as well as in the aisle. There was a huge lighted tree on the stage and wreaths hung on the walls. I think everyone was in awe. The service itself was very dignified and consisted of instrumental/choral music and readings.

Christmas Day, Bill and I spent the morning cooking a ham dinner with all of the trimmings. At 1:00 p.m. Noel's family, Mom, Uncle Johnnie, Ian, Phyllis and her mother arrived. There were 11 adults. I set up an additional table so that we could all sit together.

After dinner, we retired to the family room. There were plenty of gifts for everyone and we enjoyed watching them being opened. Bill had wanted a dancing Christmas tree and bought Ian one as well. Mark loved our rapping rodent and learned the lyrics. He kept saying, "It's your birthday, it's your birthday!" I thought it was cute! I gave Bill some cash in a card, and surprised him with a cashmere blue robe. (He's finally domesticated enough to wear one. ) He gave me my usual jewelry and a certificate to buy clothes. Bill had given me diamond earrings a few years ago. This year, I got a necklace to match. He always teases me and tells me they are investments.

Keri called about 20 minutes ago. Her brood has reached the Stroud Exit. They have Kelli with them and will stay 5 days. Keri and Kevin just bought a Chrysler Town and Country mini van and this is the first trip. I'm glad they aren't flying. They might be stuck somewhere! Keri hasn't been to Oklahoma for 3 years so we are excited. The grandkids think we live at the cottage in Michigan or at the airport in Chicago.

No comments: