Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Holiday Fun

Last Sunday, we had a low attendance in Bible Study because many people stayed home to prepare for the big Christmas dinner which was held after worship. The church furnished ham and turkey. I counted 6 tables of vegetables and salads, and 4 tables of desserts. I baked macadamia white chocolate cookies. During the service, our 16 voice choir sang, "Come, Let Us Adore" from our musical which will be sung next week. That particular number is Black Gospel style, and makes us all want to dance!

Today, we had a birthday party for all of our students and teachers with birthdays in December. It is especially nice because we have a large population of Saudi Arabian students who have never celebrated their birthday before. We enjoy showing them how Americans celebrate life! The "cake" was a snowman made from 24 cupcakes. He was soooo cute!

I have been teaching reading and writing in the morning, and in the afternoon. Our classes have been stretched from 50 minutes to 1 hour each so that we can take off the week after Christmas with pay.

Last night, I chatted with Kelli. Her university doesn't have snow days, and she has to keep the media working everyday. I'm glad she loves her job!

There have been more Christmas cards in the mailbox this year. I'm surprised! They are beautiful and I really enjoy them! Thanks!

No comments: