Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Activities

I always enjoy the holiday season because I don't have time to think about my problems. All of my time is taken with thinking about what I am going to do for someone else. It's fun to shop for others! (That's one reason why I still teach.) Saturday morning, I got my nails done, and then Bill and I went to the mall. We found some really cute stuff for the grandkids which I will keep a secret until after Christmas. Then, Bill insisted on taking me to a jewelry store to look at some items. He is more than generous to me at this time of year.

After shopping, we saw the movie, "Morning Glory". I have always liked Harrison Ford, and the movie is just plain fun. We also saw the movie, "Evan Almighty" on TV. What a message! Morgan Freeman was great!

Yesterday, we had 14 for Bible Study. We studied Isaiah 61. You can't read that chapter and feel depressed. It is full of hope and pure joy. We also had a full choir rehearsal for the Christmas musical following the worship service. The members amaze me with their dedication and desire to sing for God. It was late after choir practice, so we went to Santa Fe Cattle Co. for lunch. I ordered a half slab of ribs. It was too much, and I brought some home.

Today, I begin a new session at school. Again, I was begged to teach more than just mornings. They tried a new teacher last session who had no idea what she was doing when it came to teaching beginners how to write. So, I'm teaching from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m. That's not too bad because we get a week off for Christmas. Yeah! I'm so glad I live in a country that still recognizes Christmas. That was not the case in Japan! Not even on the calendar!

No comments: