Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blowing snow!

Yesterday morning, I checked the post office and mailed a package to Keri's kids. (I found a Charlie Brown valentine video.) Then, I managed to get to Mom's apartment and take her some bananas and sweet potatoes for baking before going to class. Her parking lot is still slippery in spots and I had to be very careful. After teaching until 3:15 p.m. I drove to the Nail Spa. When I walked in, it was crowded, but I only had to wait 5 minutes. From there, I met Bill for dinner at Pizza Hut. Bill complained about the wait time for our pizza, so the manager didn't charge us for the Dr. Peppers. We managed to arrive home before the snow began to fall. I could hear the wind howling as I lay under my sheet and warm electric blanket.

This morning, the world is covered in sparkling white sugar. The wind is blowing the powder from the trees and rooftops. While eating our scrambled eggs and English muffins, we watched the blue jays and cardinals chase the squirrels. As peaceful as it looks, we are praying that the sun will come out by noon and melt the snow. We would like to stay at the Sheraton tonight and fly to CA tomorrow. That may not happen, but we feel confident that we will get out by this weekend. I checked Riverside's weather and it is 73 degrees. Nice! Roger is prepared to take us sailing on Monday if all goes well. If not, I believe without a doubt that there is a reason for everything, and we will re-book out tickets for a later time.

No comments: