Thursday, February 17, 2011

Calif. Blessed (Cont.) Birthday Party!

Saturday: After meeting old friends at the CBU Reunion, and attending a wedding that Galen performed, Galen and Sondra drove Bill and me to Olivia's Mexican Restaurant for dinner. To my surprise, there were 16 people already gathered to celebrate my birthday (belated)! My brother John and wife, Cathy drove down from Taft. Their son, David and wife were there with their three boys. The twins are walking now. Their daughter, Alicia and husband had also come. Tamra and Kirk had come with Kyle and Tamra's parents, Nancy and Andy. After stuffing ourselves, we were brought a huge fried ice cream ball for each table. I blew out my candles, opened gifts and read cards. I almost cried because I had not had a party like that since I was 16 years old. A big thank you to Bill and Kirk for planning it for me! I wished that all of those I love could have been there with me to celebrate my 63rd birthday! This weekend, I hope to have time to post several of our pictures and share them.

No comments: