Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Events

Friday evening, we invited Mom to join us for dinner. Bill was planning to grill some steaks, but the weather turned cold and windy. I decided to put a pork shoulder in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots. Just because, I also bought a sugar-free cherry pie. After dinner, we played Mom's favorite game, Mexican Train.

Keri called during our game. If seems that Isaiah fell backwards and injured his collar bone. She put a picture on her blog of him in ER. Poor sweet baby! He is suppose to be okay in a few weeks.

Sunday, our church family prayed for our pastor's granddaughter. Harmony is 6 years old. She was pronounced free of leukemia when she was 3 years old, but a new tumor has been found near her lungs. Larry preached a sermon concerning "healing". Sometimes, God chooses not to heal and children die. Heaven seems so much closer when we have family and friends there!! I love so deeply that I can't imagine never seeing some people again.

Sunday evening, we watched the Oscar's on TV. We were happy that "The King's Speech" won the top awards. I thought about Chuck Godfrey, my cousin. He is a statistician for an insurance company and is very successful in Michigan. I also thought about my friend, Danny Martinez, who stutters, but can sing like a bird!

I went to the Nail Spa today before going to the college to prepare for the new session. I will teach advanced grammar in the mornings, and fundamental reading and writing in the afternoons. We have a new group from Ecuador. They should be fun!

No comments: