Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Celebration Weekend

It's Wednesday and I'm catching my breath before the storms hit our area this afternoon ( We are under tornado watch.) We have had one event after the other. Last week the accreditation team arrived at our school. Just after Christmas, our school changed directors. Apparently, deadlines had not been met up to that time. The school had 4 months to submit records and prepare for the on-site visit. We all began to work and pray! Actually, I was amazed at the peace I felt when a fellow came into my classroom and began jotting notes as I taught my class. The next day, our director announced that we had passed with no weakenesses. The CEO of The Language Company said she could not believe it. The Shawnee school was a miracle! Our new director, Sandra, had done the job!

Friday, the school faculty was taken to lunch at The Santa Fe Cattle Company. That evening, we had an all-school picnic at a park. Grilled chicken was provided.

Saturday, Bill took me shopping for Mother's Day. It was fun for him to choose a new blouse and pay for it with his monthly allowance. In the afternoon, we saw, "Soul Surfer". Everyone should take their kids to see it! It is overtly Christian. Of course, I loved watching the world class surfing! I longed to drive to La Jolla Cove in San Diego and jump into the surf. I could smell the salt air and listen to the seagulls overhead. And, of course, I love Hawaii! I've visited several times and am ready to go back!

On Sunday, I taught my great Bible Study class, went to worship and then picked Mom up for dinner. Bill grilled T-Bone steaks, and we ate on the patio. Keri, Kelli and Kirk called on Sunday afternoon. Kirk is leaving today to go to Costa Rica with a team from Calif. Baptist University. He has been a team leader for about 5 years. They plan to dig wells and share the good news of Jesus Christ. Tamra passed her Mobile Intensive Care class. After her class, examiners had to listen to her respond to radio transmissions from helicopters bringing in gunshot victims. Tamra is special because she prays and relies on God to give her wisdom and guidance in her work. Everyone around her can see it! It was an honor that she was the only one in the ER to be asked to take the class! Yeah, Tamra!! (She is 6 months pregnant after 10 years of marriage to Kirk!)

No comments: