Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm a "real" Okie!

I think the worst of the tornadoes are over. During the last round of storms, I was on the phone most of the time. Noel called from Springfield while watching the weather channel. Then Sondra called from California to check on us. Just when we thought all was clear, we got a call from Tecumseh City Hall telling us to take shelter. Bill took a mattress into the hall bathroom and I answered the phone again in the kitchen. It was a Rasmussen Poll. I had heard of them on Fox News, so I proceded to answer all of their questions while looking out the French doors. I decided I would hang up and run if I saw a tornado coming. All the while Bill was yelling at me. I just don't get excited about these things easily. As Uncle Johnie said, "God knows when we will be born and when we will die." I do my best and let God do the rest. It is the unbeliever who needs to worry. I know my eternal future without a doubt! I do care that many lost their homes and loved ones. I pray that God will comfort them physically and spiritually. I understand their pain because I have lived through earthquakes, a volcanic eruption, a house fire and a hurricane. Many friends lost their homes last year in the tornado here in Tecumseh.

This has been a good week for me. Last Monday, I took a group of students to Unity Hospital for a tour. Unity is a very high tech hospital and the students were interested in the differences between the health care in their countries and the U.S. We are so superior at present. I can't predict our future, however, with a bunch of people in government who are ignorant of financial matters. I still can't believe how many people whine about their healthcare while watching a big screen TV and drinking beer. The line between "needy" and "spoiled rotten" is becoming blurred!

We have a new teacher at TLC. I don't know her, but I'm having a hard time liking her because she reminds me of another lady I met a few years ago that has a nasty personality. She has a husky voice, and when I hear her speaking, I can visualize the other lady. I'm praying that God will help me with my attitude.

Happy Birthday, Kevin and Isaiah! Isaiah was born 3 days before his Daddy's birthday. Congratulations to Hannah! She is graduating from the 8th Grade. I can't believe that I will have two grandchildren in high school next year! I'm blessed by God!

Since I am only teaching mornings this sessions, I have been working on the house. I bought another rose bush for the yard, and a hanging basket for the screened patio.

No comments: