Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crazy Days of Summer

Yesterday, I taught my verbal skills class and then left to go to the dentist. I had my teeth cleaned and a good check-up. No problems. Then, I picked up Mom and took her to lunch at Boom-A-Rang. We both ordered breakfast. I hadn't eaten there for about 3 years, and was surprised to see that it has expanded and was packed with people. Before leaving Mom's apartment, she gave me her Easter decorations that she collected while living in Germany. She said that she always spends Easter at my house, and doesn't feel well enough to use them. I value them! When I arrived at my house, the far end of my street was blocked with OGE trucks. Three houses down from us, someone had been digging and hit a gas main. Their entire front lawn had to be dug up! About an hour after the OGE trucks left, it began to rain. Thunder rolled and lightening flashed. It rained hard for over an hour. Thank you, God! It was an answer to our prayers!

Keri called Monday evening. Chicago had a major storm that knocked out their electricity. Living next to a lake is great when it is hot, but doesn't help during a storm.

Galen needs gall bladder surgery. I told him my surgery at Miami Baptist in Florida was no big deal. He will be just fine! My brother, David, learned he is diabetic. No more pie!

Kirk has taken responsibility for the Set Free discipleship program, and is interim pastor of the Joshua Tree church. Tamra is 8 months pregnant now. Yeah!

Last Sunday, there were 13 in Bible Study. We celebrated two birthdays, and discussed how legalism has no place in the Christian life. If we could save ourselves by good works, Jesus would not have needed to die for us. I could never earn my way to heaven. It is a gift!

No comments: