Monday, July 18, 2011

Uncle Johnie

My last day at school was last Friday. Saturday morning, Mom called me at 7:00 a.m. Uncle Johnie had died of heat exhaustion and smoke inhalation. Neighbors saw smoke. Isn't that just like God to send smoke signals for his beloved Indian man?At 92 years old, he was still bailing hay and living alone. Mom and I are helping to make arrangements since he lost his wife and his son several years ago. I learned that he was still teaching an adult SS class, was a deacon in the church, and was the former treasurer. He was loved by everyone who knew him! The Oklahoma Baptist Children's Home will receive his estate. The statement I have heard most often about Uncle Johnie is this, "No one was more ready to meet God face to face!" Is there a greater compliment?

I will write more after the funeral.

No comments: