Monday, May 7, 2012

Conference/Festival/Recliners/Birds

Last week Bill attended a TESL conference, so  I spent my time working in the yard and shopping for recliners for Mom.  I bought a coral rose bush, more white pebbles for the front flower bed and a bird feeder.  I found a black wrought iron crook that has scrolling at the top and a red jewel in the middle.  I hung the black wrought iron bird feeder on one side, and a basket of flowers on the other.  The flowers are called "a million bells".  I had no idea what kind of seed to buy for the birds, so Noel showed me a bag with pictures of cardinals on the front.  I was amazed when the first birds to find the feeder were indeed cardinals!  You can tell I'm getting old when my entertainment is watching birds.

I found a petite tan rocker/recliner for Mom at Sears.  However, they didn't have another one in stock.  So, I looked at Marquis Furniture and found one that was even prettier and has a hard wood frame.  They had another in stock, so I took both.  Jason, Galen's son, is going to deliver them to Mom this morning in his new truck.  Mom will take out her love seat, and put the matching chairs across from her sofa.  I'm so happy for her!

Bill wasn't suppose to return from his conference until afternoon on Saturday, however, he called me and asked me to pick him up just before lunch.  He wanted to go to the Kolache Festival in Prague, so we drove there.  It was super hot, and the city had moved the festival down about a half mile from the center of town.  We arrived at the end of the parade and ate lunch at a Restaurant called "CowPokes".  It was cool.  After lunch, we watched some girls dancing while eating ice cream cones as fast as we could.  They were melting fast!  When Bill asked me what I wanted to do next, I said, "I want to go home."  He smiled and said he agreed.  We're getting too old to enjoy hot weather.

Church was good yesterday.  We have baptized adults and children for 4 Sundays in a row.  Another high school boy made a decision at the end of the service.  Jesse Hernandez and his daughter sang a duet that was absolutely beautiful.  Their voices blended so well.  Christian music is truly inspired!  The message was about having faith that God cares about us and is in charge of our needs.  Whether I live, or whether I die, I am  in the hands of a loving God because I have chosen to be.  After church, Noel and Mark took Mom, Bill and me to the Arrows Cafe in Tecumseh for dinner.  It is styled like Cracker Barrel.  I enjoyed one of the specials which was baked chicken, potatoes, gr beans, salad and biscuits.  Mark made us laugh.  He ordered hamburger steak and then two sides - eggs and sausage.  When he was told he couldn't do that, he ordered potatoe soup which looked really good.  Noel and Mark left this morning to go to Springfield for two weeks.  We are still praying for Noel to completely recover from his open heart surgery.  He's a good guy!     

No comments: