Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family Week

Noel, Mark, and Mom celebrated Memorial Day with us.  We had T-bone steak and all the trimmings. That morning, Galen called to tell us that Evan (his youngest son) had proposed to Callie.  They have dated for several years, so this is a big deal!  After dinner, we skyped David in Mexico.  He is very busy teaching English at the university in Chiapas.  Meche continues to work in the library.    Kelli sent a late Mother's Day card with a dozen pictures of her family's trip to California.  The pictures of her kids, Keri's family and Kirk's family were great!  I can't wait to see them in Michigan this summer.  We have leased the same condo that we stayed in last year on the beach.

I didn't expect so many people to be in Bible Study on a holiday weekend.  I was blown away when I realized that we had 18 people!  Robin and Tim are new members from Alaska.  We all laughed about Oklahoma weather.  The worship service was very emotional.  We sang "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "America, the Beautiful".   Four men (and their wives) attended who have just returned from Afghanistan.  The pastor asked all of us to file to the front of the auditorium one row at a time and speak into the microphones.  We said the names of those in our families who we wanted to remember.  Of course, I thanked God for my father and my brother.  My  close friend, Diana, lost a 12 year old son to leukemia.  It was difficult for her, but she thanked God for his life and looks forward to being with him again.   For the offertory, I played "When We All Get to Heaven" and "When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder". 

Last Friday, Bill spent the day in Ada, Okla.  TLC is planning to close the Shawnee school and move to Southeastern State University.  We are praying that the move doesn't happen quickly.  It's a 45 mile drive one way.  Bill has a decision to make!  We have decided not to worry about it.  God is never surprised, and always has a plan!  If I didn't believe that, I woudn't be a Christian.

Saturday was just fun!  Noel, Mark, Bill and I went to the Santa Fe Restaurant for lunch.  Yep!  We threw peanut shells all over the floor.  After lunch, Noel and Mark saw  a rodeo movie, and Bill and I saw, "Three Men in Black".  We met up after our shows and drove home together.  Three Men has a lot of 8th grade humor in it.  I think guys like it more than girls.

No comments: