Monday, May 21, 2012

Mom- Front Page News!

Sunday morning, I woke up to loud claps of thunder and flashes of lightning.  I love listening to the downpour of rain.  Last year was so dry, and I missed these storms.  Bill braved the rain to get the newspaper  from the driveway while I cooked breakfast.  There on the front page was an article about Mom having taught Bible Study classes for 75 years.  We never expected that!  The article continued to page 5 with her picture.  I'm so happy for her!  Seldom do we have the chance to celebrate someone's life before they die.

Sunday was a good day!  I was concerned because I was playing new music with the praise band, and I was accompanying Bill for the offertory.  I had to put all of the music in a 3 ring binder to make it more manageable.  I never realized that when I learned the circle of 5ths and all of my chords, that I would need that knowledge to "rock out" in the future.  I told God that He was going to have to help me not to "blow it"!  Everything went well.  During greeting time, I met a young lady who has just moved here from Alaska.  When I invited her to my Bible Study class, she got excited.  She said that she had just started reading the Bible for the first time in her life, and she loved it!

The next on-line college class doesn't start for another week, so Bill amd I are taking advantage of our extra time.  Saturday, we explored, and drove to the Wes Watkins Reservoir after eating lunch at Abuelita's.  On the way back, we drove to Shawnee's Twin Lakes.  It was a lovely day and people were swimming before the storm blew into town on Saturday evening.

I'm planning a piano recital at our house the middle of June with dinner.  I have also invited the new Korean students at TLC who play musical instruments.  It should be fun! 

I just had a revelation this week.  You can't teach "generosity" and you can't teach "gratefulness".  They are qualities of the Spirit that only come from God.  I realized that you can MAKE children give gifts and say, "thank you", but it means nothing unless it comes from the heart.  The same is true regarding "faith".  You really have to want to have "faith" and pray for it, or you won't have it, even if you say you believe.   Many people in my generation don't have faith because they have watched too many people claim to be Christians who live their lives complaining, arguing, and worrying.  I certainly wonder about their "faith"!       

No comments: