Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Week

Last week, I took Mom shopping at Bonworth's in the mall.  She loved their styles and their prices!  She had so much fun trying on clothes and asking my advice.  We spent over an hour there, and Mom came home with several new outfits.  One was a lavender suit that she wore yesterday to church.  Bill and I picked up KFC on our way home from church, picked up Mom and brought her to our house for lunch.  I had made a sugar-free cherry pie for dessert.  The weather was beautiful, so we ate on the screened patio.  Mom loved eating out there, watching the cardinals and the squirrels.  She also checked out my 3 tomatoe plants that happen to be doing very well this year.

Sunday was super busy for me!  There were 15 members present in my Bible Study class.  A new man, George, joined us and seemed to really enjoy himself.  We studied Hannah, who was a woman of strong faith, and knew without a doubt that her son was a gift from God.  I have been playing the piano with the praise band for the past two weeks.  It's fun playing with guitars and drums.  However, after teaching a class and playing for an entire service, I feel it by noon.

I had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend!  Mom doesn't like seafood, so Bill took me to Red Lobster on Saturday for lunch.  I love scallops and grilled shrimp!  After lunch, he took me to Dillard's to look for  new summer sandals.  I found some sandals the same color leather as my bag!   I'm a "match freak".  After shopping, we saw, "Touchback" at the cinema.  It's a great family movie. 

Saturday morning, Bill went to Mission Shawnee to help sort food from the Post Office food drive.  While he was gone, a dozen roses were left on our porch.  Kirk had sent them.  While on the phone, he told me there were chocolates as well that I had missed seeing.  I laughed because he had to talk me through the gift.  Smile!  It has been a difficult year for Kirk and Tamra.  Tamra lost her mother, and now her father is in hospice for cancer.  Through it all, they have kept the faith!

Kelli called.  Our Hannah has been elected to Student Council as Sophomore representative next fall.  It's a big deal because 16 people were running.  Kelli is preparing to fly to New Orleans in June to work for the So. Baptist Convention media department.  She writes by-lines for all of the photos, which means she must know who everyone is and what is going on.  Kelli also reports that Cornerstone University is growing faster than expected.  They are out of dorm space for the new Freshmen, and are  scrambling for housing.  Great problem! 

Keri's family is happy and growing up.  Now that Kevin has graduated from Trinity Seminary, they are seeking God's direction for their lives.  Life is an adventure with God!

We are all saddened by President Obama's remark about gay marriage this week.  The Bible makes it very clear that marriage is to be between a man and a woman.  Christians have the ability to love gays and lesbians without approving of their behavior.  I've noticed that people who do not read and understand the Bible, sure do know how to take scripture out of context!  Judgement Day is coming!  And, people in power are helping the prophecies of the Bible come more quickly.  I'm glad I have the assurance that if things get too rough on this earth, I will be raptured with the church.  The folks left can just complain and fight it out.

No comments: