Friday, May 17, 2013

God's Mercy and Love in Branson and Roger's Arkansas

Bill and I drove through pouring rain from Rogers, Arkansas yesterday morning to return home.  The night before we had attended the commissioning service for Keri and Kevin and 56 other people.  I was in awe of Cross Church!  It looks like an arena that holds over one thousand people.  There looked to be about 75 people in the choir (all dressed in black) on one side of the stage.  The other side of the stage had the plexiglass drum cage, and rock band.  Isaiah had no problem going into the nursery because it had a built-in aquarium and disney theme.  Keri and Kevin spoke at the children's church on Sunday morning to 300 kids!  This church is one of 4 campuses in the area.  God is alive and well in Arkansas!  As I sat in the worship service I was reflecting on the two times I had been commissioned.  First, in Richmond, Virginia and later in Anderson, Indiana.  God takes us as we are.  He forgives us when we fail and gives us new beginnings.  He is so merciful and can read our hearts.  I can feel His warm love and really want to have that love flow out of me to others.  Knowing that hell waits for those who know Him and reject Him is such a tragedy. 

We saw old friends at the reception following the service.  Janette Lyall went to Cal Baptist with me and caught me up on her life.  Scott Harris was just a missionary kid in Barbados when I served in St. Vincent with the IMB.  He and Keri and Kelli played together at meetings.  He is now a church stratisgist in Nashville and on the IMB Board of Trustees.  He said Kirk helped him start a Set Free Church in Nashville and will be asking him to start one in South Africa soon. 

Wednesday evening, we gave Sofia, Selah and Isaiah back to their parents at the Embassy Suites.   We had cared for them since Saturday.   Keri and Kevin dropped them off at the Welk Resort in Branson on their way down to Rogers for meetings.  

I will write more later.  We are going to the Senior Center for lunch with Mom, Noel and Janice today.  I have so much more to write about.  It may take me another session.     

No comments: