Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Week

Time is flying by as usual for me.  Last Sunday, Bryce our next door neighbor went to church with us.  He had not been for years and said he really loved New Beginnings Church.  After church, we took Bryce to dinner at the Delta Cafe.  When we came home, he said he wanted to go with us to church again next Sunday.  He works at Benton's Cafe in downtown Shawnee and it is closed on Sundays.  Benton's happens to be Noel's favorite restaurant because they have home cooking and fresh pies.

Monday, Mom came over to our house for Bill's grilled hamburgers and watermelon  We played dominoes for several hours and took Mom home about 5 p.m.  Holidays are a good thing!  Monday was also our son-in-law's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Kevin!  You are wonderful!  Last Friday was Isaiah's birthday.  He turned 3 years old.  We had a nice phone chat with him.

Tuesday, I spent the morning at the hospital.  I really enjoyed talking to a patient who has been layed off recently from Edwards Air Force Base as quality control for missile launch and recovery.  I know the Mohave Desert very well since my oldest brother, Truett use to work out there.  Like the rest of us, Fred headed to Oklahoma rather than staying in California where the cost of living has gone off the chart!  Bill joined me and Larry for lunch at the hospital.  After lunch, I indulged in the gift shop sale that was being held in the backroom for employees and volunteer staff.  I was able to buy many items for Christmas at 75% off.

Wednesday, Bill and I joined Mom, Noel and Janice at the Senior Center for lunch.  They had just returned from Springfield.  We love having them back in Oklahoma!  Janette and Jack (Mom's neighbors)  were also there.  It will be even more fun when Galen and Sondra get back here.

Life is never boring with a threat of severe weather, and Obama's administration pulling their shinanigans.  They can lie with such straight faces!  I pray that America wakes up soon.  Fox News interviews people on the street who have no idea what is going on in the news and cannot name the Secretary of State, nor the vice president.  One of these young people is a student at Cal Berkley.  Duh!  Benghazi is bad enough, but now we have the IRS scandal and the AP being preyed upon by the Justice Department.  I guess that is Chicago Mob style government.  Bush would have been put out of office by now if he had tried any of the things Obama is doing.  Just wait until ObamaCare goes into effect.  From what I'm hearing about insurance rates going up and taxes being put on the workers, there is certainly going to be some complaining in the streets.

Last night, we watched the live concert on TV that was benefiting the tornado victims.  Vince Gill from Norman, OK) sang, "Threat of Heaven".  It was great!  The most that people can do when I am dying is to threaten me with going to heaven where I will wait for you!

No comments: