Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Prayer Service/Kirk/San Diego/Branson

Diego/BransonLast Thursday, Bill played his trumpet, and I accompanied him at the National Day of Prayer Service which was held at St. Anthony Hospital.  It was held in the cafeteria and very well attended.  I thought it was ironical that in all the years I taught on St. Gregory's campus, I never met the president.  At the service, I was standing next to the president of the university when we were asked to join hands and pray at the end.

I met a fellow named Roy this week at the hospital who attended Marvin Elementary, and Lewis Junior High in Allied Garden (San Diego).  Those were my schools so I nearly flipped.  We talked a long time over lunch about San Diego.  He is now constructing the new dorm for OBU.

Kirk has accepted a new job with the Inland Empire Baptist Association as community strategist.  Kirk knows how to have a church reach outside its walls.  Set Free has been excellent training!  There are 273 churches that he will be working with.  I know that God is going to bless his work, and he is going to have the time of his life creating new ways to introduce the Gospel.

I got a surprise on Sunday when I asked my student, Becky, when she was going to take her high school choir to Branson.  She told me that they would be performing at the Twelve Irish Tenors this Friday and they would be staying at the Welk Resort.  We are staying in the same resort and will attend their show.  God is full of surprises!

Today, I'm going to the beauty salon, and then I will rush over to the elementary school.  Kaylee is auditioning for her school talent show and asked me to play the piano for her while she sings, "All in All".  She has such a sweet voice.  Later, I will drive to Shawnee to give Vincent his last piano lesson until after summer.

I've been fighting allergies this week, so I pray everyday for strength to do what is needed.  Bill has been at Shawnee High subbing almost everyday.  His summer break is coming soon, but he still has his on-line work.  He's determined to take care of me, and I do appreciate that.  He would really like to wait to retire when he turns 65 years old.  God has the last word.  That gives me peace of mind.

No comments: