Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008

Second Week of Christmas

I love Christmas! I bought a plastic table cover to protect the new tablecloth that Bill brought me from Singapore. It's a beautiful linen cloth with lace around the edges and embroidered red pointsettias. I had put lighted boughs of evergreen over the French doors, so I added tiny red pointsettias to bring the room together. I was Suzy homemaker this week. I also made a chocolate cake for the SEI student Christmas party which is always at Anne's house because she and Dan have a new mega home with a pool. We played Christmas charades and Dirty Santa. It was my students' first Christmas and their first time to party with girls. (Saudi Arabia doesn't mix.)

Saturday, Bill took me to see the movie, "Australia" which we both really enjoyed. Afterwards, we split up for awhile in the mall to buy gifts. We always try to buy things that will be treasured in years to come. After shopping, Bill and I met at The Santa Fe Cattle Co. for dinner. We enjoy throwing the peanut shells on the floor because we are both neat freaks at home.

Our SS class is growing every week. They are a "talky" bunch! The topic was "generosity" and knowing when and when not to give to others. After worship service, the church had a potluck that rivaled Golden Corral. The new fellowship hall looks like a first class restaurant. After eating too much, the choir practiced for next week's concert. We lost some members due to illness and I was concerned, but God has left us with 16 very talented singers. My favorite song this year is "O Holy Night!" Sherry sings the solo part, and she is great!!

I'm excited because three of my brothers - Galen, Noel and Roger are surprising my Mom and coming to Oklahoma for Christmas. I will cook Christmas dinner at our house for everyone. My son, Kirk, called and said that he and Tamra are bringing their two sons for New Year's Eve after a ski trip in New Mexico. Kirk is our "movie star". He was filmed by ColdWater productions - NBC while ministering to druggies and prostitutes in Los Angeles. Kirk does "Christmas" year around and their was no acting involved for him. Sofia, Keri's 4 year old, called from Chicago and sang all three verses of "Away in the Manger". She was on key, and just precious! Our world would be so different if we could all have the heart of a child!

No comments: