Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1, 2008

Last Thursday morning, Mom and I began our drive to Springfield, Mo. to join Noel's family for Thanksgiving weekend. The drive went smoothly until we reached Tulsa. A tanker had just tipped over and the Joplin exit was blocked. It took some doing to find my way back onto I-44 East. When I saw the James River Freeway I knew we would make it for dinner!

On Friday, I wasn't feeling really well but didn't want to miss Silver Dollar City. What a place! Dickens Christmas Carol is SO professionally done at the Opera House. The highly technical sets give it a "movie" feel. Then, we listened to Tracy Heaston. His hands literally fly across the piano. He also played a combination marimba/chimes solo of "What Child Is This". With the Christmas setting and lights I was transported.

Friday night my tummy pains kept me from sleeping, and Noel drove me to a walk-in clinic at 7 am. Between the medication and the TLC I received, I was able to recover quickly. Noel and Janice always give us private bedrooms and have a fire going in the livingroom. Sweet people!

Sunday AM we woke up to snow flurries. I followed Noel to church on the Kansas Express Way. As I prepared to follow him through a green light, an ambulance seemed to come out of nowhere from the opposite direction. He hit his brakes and so did I. Because of the wet snow, I was losing control. I managed to bring the car to a stop in the left turn lane and didn't rear end Noel! Steve's family (Noel's son) joined us at church. We all had something to thank God for!

After church, Mom and I started home. At the first toll booth on the Pike, traffic backed up for 2 miles. After a 10 minute wait, we were all waved through without paying. Yeah! It snowed until we reached Tulsa, then rained in Seminole. When I reached my driveway it had already rained and was dry. I felt like Noah! God had brought me through sickness, bad weather and a near accident! I'm ready for Christmas!!

No comments: