Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday, December 19, 2008

It's correction time. I do know how to spell poinsettia. Sometimes when I reread my blogs later, I can't believe the mistakes I have made. To those who actually read my writings - please forgive me. It keeps me humble!

This week has been very peaceful, and what I often think the Christmas season should be. God spared our area from having any ice or snow. Since we have Christmas choir practice next Saturday, we didn't want to have to make up our classes this weekend. It's been cold, but no problem at all! Speaking of classes, Tony (our new directior) volunteered his teachers to write lesson plans to be published. Since I am the only elementary trained teacher among the group, I was asked to write plans to be used with our "preeemies". Those are the students who come with no previous English training. We've been told that we will be compensated nicely.

I have made a deliberate choice to enjoy the whole Christmas season this year. Each evening, I have sat by the fire, enjoyed the lights on the tree, drank cocoa or spiced tea, and watched a Christmas movie. I love "Charlie Brown" more now than when I was a kid! I realize that many people have depression at this time of year. There were Christmases when I had forgotten the true meaning, and didn't plan well. If you are Giving more than you are Getting, you will not have time to be depressed. Ian has a birthday this week. Bill is giving him a Rodent Rapper dressed in a Santa Suit. He dances as he raps.

We are expecting 17 people for Christmas dinner this year. Roger and Julie are driving their 3 college kids from Calif. There will also be Galen and Sondra (and Jason's family), Noel and Janice and Mark, Mom, Bill and myself. I have done most of the shopping and am ready to make my kitchen dance!!! Everyone has reserved hotel rooms at the new La Quinta and Mom is going to be surprised!!! We have also invited some of our international students who need a place to go.

I saw that Rick Warren will pray at Obama's inauguration. Kelli has written on a regular basis for Rick Warren, and interviewed Obama at Saddleback Church when he was just beginning his candidacy . It is very interesting!

I only sent a few cards this year. If you get one, count yourself extremely special!

No comments: