Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last Week of December 2008

On Sunday, December 21, the NBC choir performed a Christmas concert. It can be listened to at nbcshawnee.org Log In: Christ Password: ismyLord I will always think of it as "Miracle on 42nd Street". I arranged the concert and prayed that God would do what I couldn't. Bill came back 2 weeks before the performance and polished the group. The men's quartet is my favorite!

On Monday, Dec. 22nd, Bill and I celebrated our 27th anniversary by going out to Red Lobster. We thought about the many anniversaries that we had in the air while flying home for Christmas. Saturday, we saw, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Fantastic movie!!!

On Wed., Dec. 24th, we had dinner at Mom's with Galen and Sondra. While enroute from CA, they had car trouble and Jason picked them up in Clinton, OK. Roger's family didn't arrive from CA until 10:00 pm due to a major snowstorm in New Mexico. After spinning out, they lost their transmission and AAA towed them to Shawnee. They were still in good spirits! They are now in Branson at the Kimberline Resort (sp?) in the Presidential Suite recovering. Sad! Ha!

Christmas Day was one big party at our house! Noel's family arrived from Springfield that morning, as well as Uncle Johnny. In addition to the family, 4 SEI students joined us. That meant that I cooked dinner for 18 people! We had smoked ham, potatoes, vegetables, salads and yeast rolls. I baked cherry, pumpkin and pecan pie, and choco chip cookies. After dinner, we took turns playing the piano and everyone sang. There were gifts under the tree for everyone. Bill and I gave "Crockpots forTwo" to each of my brothers. We gave Mom a subscription to the Shawnee Newstar for next year. Bill gave me a necklace that he bought in Singapore. It is a real orchid overlaid with gold. He also gave me some perfume made from the Passion flower that he bought at the Raffles Hotel. We had spent two vacations there in the past.

Today, I took Bill to have a colonoscopy at the new Surgery Center in Shawnee. It's beautiful!! The overhead lights are covered to look like a sunlit sky. All of the emergency equipment is hidden behind works of art. Bill had two polyps removed and is doing well. Kirk and family are due to arrive this afternoon in time for dinner. They will stay for our annual New Year's Eve party and leave on Friday. They went snowboarding in Flagstaff, AZ yesterday and had a great time! Keri and Kelli got together in Michigan for Christmas. They have been snowbound. Mom gave me a special cookie cutter kit to make cookies with the grandkids next summer. Fun!

Oh yes! Last Sunday, my Bible study class had grown! We are now up to 13 people and planning a party next week. I really am more of a facilitator than a teacher. They inspire ME! Our lesson was about Paul's conversion and the lengths that God will go to in order to get our attention. I prefer God to whisper rather than have to yell at me. "Be still -- and know that I am God."

No comments: