Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Surprises

So much for my afternoons! Ann is sick and called me last night to cover her classes today. I taught advanced reading and writing which really was very interesting. The students read a piece on superstitions around the world and discussed the vocabulary. The second hour, they wrote an essay about superstitions in their own countries. I taught a new girl today from Ecuador. She's very bright! Our school is like a family, so two of our grads came back to visit today. It's easy to get attached to these kids.

We were all very sad to learn that our lead teacher is moving to Chicago in another month. Her husband is an oil engineer and has been offered a job in the research lab there. Lucille is a wonderful Jewish lady who was raised in South Africa. We have become very good friends and all of us are going to miss who gift for organization. We have promised to get in touch when I go to Chicago in May for Keri's new baby.

It was a very good day in spite of the bitter cold. I found nice mail in my box even though the envelopes have turned from bright colors to white now. I was reminded that my birthday is coming soon. In the middle of the pile was a notice from the Social Security Admin. office. Yeah! Another good thing that happened today was a notice on my desk that I had gotten a raise in pay. With our energy bills this month, that will come in handy. I noticed gas prices are going sky high again. It's amazing how God takes care of His kids!

No comments: