Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Middle of the Week

Yesterday, I was observed by our director while I taught Grammar. We discussed using the present tense or the progressive when one is talking about a specific schedule of events. For example, "The plane leaves tomorrow." "The plane is leaving tomorrow." I use to worry over these evaluations, but now, I'm secure and just have fun.

In the afternoon, I did some business on the computer, and then met Bill at the clinic to have our Directive Wills notorized. This afternoon, I have a dental check-up at 1:30 p.m. Mom has an appointment to have a tooth extracted at 2:00 p.m., so I will wait for her and see what her needs are. She didn't want a root canal. I told her that I had two, and it was fine. She seemed surprsied.

While at the clinic, the notory asked me what my maiden name was. She said her half sister had been married to a Greenwalt from Illinois. Like Dad, he had been orphaned during a flu epidemic and moved to Oklahoma. He would be near Dad's age if he were living now. Interesting! It seems that we all want to know about our past, and where we are going.

1 comment:

STEVEN said...

Grandpa's childhood has always been an item of curiosity to me. It would be great to learn all I can about him.