Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Happenings

It was so nice to only teach in the morning. The weatherman is predicting a major ice/snow storm, so there were many errands that I needed to run. I've kept plenty of groceries in the kitchen this winter, but I needed to order Bill's birthday cake in case we still have the party. I'm to call and cancel if the roads are too icy. Yesterday, when I returned home from school in the afternoon, there were three birthday bags inside the screendoor. Ian and Phyllis had left me a CD by Susan Boyle (American Idol winner), and the "Up" DVD for Bill. Pete and Lorna gave me a beautiful candle. We might need it this week! The mailbox was nice to me this morning. Kirk sent a gift card for my favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. Thanks, Kirk and Tamra!

Regarding Haiti, I learned that Kirk has been friends with a pastor in Port au Prince for a long time, and has been requested to come and help. Kirk will take Tamra who is an RN and do what they can. Also, Kevin will be leaving on February 13th and work with a team from Atlanta. A fellow from Kevin and Keri's church grew up in Haiti as a missionary kid. He is a traffic controller for Chicago O'Hare, and has volunteered to go and work in the Haitian airport without pay for a time. It just reopened for public flights. I do believe that Haiti will rise from its ashes! Keri was reminding me of the work she did after the earthquake in Istanbul, Turkey.

The pictures in the previous blog are of my birthday, and the world map of our travels that Keri and Kevin gave us for Christmas. We've put 35 pins on to date. I'll try to list the countries that we've visited alphabetically in a future blog.

No comments: