Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I put holiday pictures on my last blog. A month has gone by and it's my 63rd birthday. I will post more pictures tomorrow. Bill is not one to plan parties, but he knows how to make my birthday special. Friday evening, Mom invited us over for pork roast. Her housekeeper comes on Friday mornings and helped her. Of course, we played Mexican Train.

Saturday, Bill took me to the OU Men's basketball game against Colorado State. It's our third year to go on my birthday. OU was the underdog, but has always won when I go! It has become tradition to go to Marie Calender's after the game for dinner. However, before going, Bill took me to Dillard's in Sooner Mall for a Lancome make-over. He went to Border's.

This morning, there was a bag decorated with butterflies sitting on the breakfast table. Inside, there was a pair of pearl earrings with 2 small diamonds. Girls, Bill is making sure that you all get nice jewelry when I die! Smile! Tonight, we are going to Red Lobster. My favorite!

Yesterday, it was very cold!! I didn't expect many at Bible Study. I was wrong. There were 14. Bill was having a sinus problem and didn't go. The lesson was "A Lifestyle of Sacrifice". It was difficult for my students to come up with a good definition. We decided that we are all basically selfish and it is a stretch for us to give up our own desires for the good of others. I know that I am working on that. It is natural to be controlling and think we always know best. Not so!!! God can teach us so much by studying the life of Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter how old we get.

Watch for more pictures.

No comments: